This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

I love a night out with my friends as much as the next gal, but as an introvert and homebody, I cherish my nights in. So much so, in fact, that I have perfected them so that I don’t even worry about FOMO anymore because I am enjoying my time with myself.  Here are the essentials to a perfect night in:

1. A Fun Beverage

I always start with my favorite fun drink to set the mood for the kind of night I want to have. This does not have to be alcoholic. My go-to is always a Shirley Temple. Just grab whatever you feel like sipping on throughout the night!

2. Your Favorite Takeout or Home Cooked Meal

This is an excuse to order your favorite takeout that you have been craving all week. You could make your favorite recipe, too. I like to switch it up if I feel like cooking, but I normally end up with sushi. It’s up to you and whatever you are feeling like munching on!

3. Comfy PJs

I am a sucker for cute pajamas; my dresser drawers are always overflowing with them. I always have the mindset that even though I am staying in, I still want to look cute for myself while also being comfortable and wearing something I can relax in.

4. A Comfy Space with Lots of Pillows and Blankets

I want to be comfortable, so I normally get my fullest blanket and squishiest pillows and build a comfortable spot where I will remain for the majority of the night.

5. A Show or Movie

After I have my food and drink I cozy up and watch something. I lean toward any of my comfort shows, but I love to throw in a rom-com here and there. Regardless of what you pick, put on something that would give you some serotonin.

6. Phone on Do Not Disturb

The last thing that I do is put my phone on do not disturb. I want to relieve the stress from the long day, focus on myself and not be distracted by social media or anyone else.

These are the steps I use to make the most out of my time so that I appreciate every second of my nights in. I hope you can try out these tips and create your perfect night in!

Audrey is a senior at Michigan State University She is the Events Director, Book Club Manager, and Editor for her chapter. At MSU she is majoring in Economics and minoring in Quotative Data Analytics and Italian.