Witchcraft Hero 01?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Witchcraft Hero 01?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Audrey Wu / Her Campus Media Design Team

The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood – Spoiler Free Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

There are no content spoilers ahead, everything talked about is general information available within the first hour of the game. 

Picture this: You’re an active witch within your coven made up of you and 99 of your ‘sisters’. Until one day, your tarot cards give you the worst reading imaginable – your coven is doomed, soon to be no more. Being the logical witch you are, you start warning others, but the leader of your coven is pissed.

Developed by Deconstructeam and published by Developer Digital, The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood was released on August 16, 2023. The game is rated M and comes with a content warning for some sensitive topics. At the time of publication, the game costs $17.99 on Switch and Steam.

Now, Fortuna, here you are 200 years later and only a fifth of the way through your exile period, sentenced by the coven leader, Aedana. She was upset over the chaos that swept through the coven after the tarot reading and sent you away for 1000 years of solitude without your tarot cards.

This is the Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood.

The game starts with a brief introduction to witchcraft and the main character, Fortuna, who is sentenced to a millennium of solitude on an asteroid. Desperate, she summons a Behemoth, Abramar and makes a forbidden pact with the entity in exchange for his help and guidance.

Then, with the help of Abramar, you can start crafting your new deck of cards; the meaning of each card is determined by the way you make them, where pieces are placed and the energy elements you put into them.

Throughout the game, you will make deals with Abramar to try and take back your life. You’ll also meet a number of other witches, including some from the clan, such as Fortuna’s best friends Jasmine and Dahlia.

Given this, the game offers a lot of replayability. There are multiple endings that are determined by the choices you make, and you’ll develop different relationships with the characters in the new play through. Also, you redo your cards every time. This is a deck you are creating yourself, and after the first play, you’re likely more familiar with aspects of the cards and making them.

I finished the game in the span of a few days and really enjoyed it. The story is engaging, the design of the game is fun, the pacing is perfect and it’s all-around a great game that I would recommend for the casual gamer.

At the time of this article, it is available on the Nintendo Switch EShop and Microsoft Windows. I’ve seen playthroughs last anywhere from 5-10 hours; the variance in time could be because of how you design your tarot cards from the thought put into it and if you remake any cards amongst other future decisions.

Kaytlyn is a Senior at MSU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Creative Writing. She has been a published journalist and writer for over six years. Kaytlyn is currently the Chapter President and Campus Correspondent for HCMSU as well as being involved in the Campus Trendsetters program, College Fashionista program, and the HCM Internship Credit program. Outside of Her Campus, Kaytlyn has two cats, Leo and Zelda, as well as a ferret named Willow. She is also the President, Marketing Director, and a co-founder of the Creative Writing Club at MSU. She is also a cheer coach.