This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

If you’re a dog lover like me, you probably love petting every single pup that you walk past in public. Here are some of my favorite lovable dog breeds that I recommend for any dog lover.

Cavapoo

I may be a bit biased about this breed since I have one at home, but Cavapoos are seriously such lovable dogs. Cavapoos are a mix between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a poodle, so they don’t typically shed. My Cavapoo loves to cuddle 24/7, and play outside and with his toys. Personally, I have never met a cavapoo that I haven’t fallen in love with.

Goldendoodle

A goldendoodle is hands down a dog I will be getting sometime in the near future. Goldendoodles are a mix between a Golden Retriever and a poodle, so these are also a breed that doesn’t typically shed either. Goldendoodles are very friendly in nature and are fairly easy to train. I love that all of the goldendoodles I’ve come across are so lovable and loyal to their owners.

Dachshund

What’s not to love about dachshunds? Especially because they look like little hot dogs with short and tiny legs. Dachshunds usually have one of the following coat types: smooth, long, or wirehaired. My personal favorite type of dachshunds are the long haired ones, because I’ve found that they tend to be very sweet and gentle dogs.

Pug

Pugs are often a hit or miss on the cuteness scale depending on who you ask. Personally, I find that their squashed faces make them look very cute and unique. Pugs are often found trying to please their owners, making them fairly easy to train. This means that they respond positively to lots of love and affection from others.

Corgi

I had to put corgis on this list because of a memorable experience I had with one named Dr. Porkchop. Even though I was a stranger to him, he jumped up with excitement and greeted me with lots of licks and hops! Corgis remind me of Dachshunds in the sense that they are pretty small dogs with very short legs. They are happy and affectionate dogs that are a great addition to any family. 

When the day comes, I know it’s going to be a tough decision picking a dog breed since I love every single one. These dogs will certainly be at the top of my list for the most affectionate!

Nikita Shetti is a Senior at Michigan State University studying Applied Engineering Sciences with a concentration in Supply Chain Management. She is an avid dog lover, who also enjoys travelling and trying new foods.