you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Sydney Prescott

Major: Human Biology

Minor: Health Promotion

Hometown: Spring Lake, MI

What advice would you give to younger college students or incoming freshmen?

I’d say, finding a balance between a social life and school because I think they’re equally important. This is your time to try new things. Don’t be afraid to talk to new people because everyone is trying to make friends.

What was your dream job when you were in elementary school? What is your dream job now?

I wanted to be a detective. Now, I want to be a nurse anesthetist. A nurse anesthetist assists an anesthesiologist by administering anesthesia to patients before surgery.

Describe your college experience so far using film titles.

Clueless, The Hangover, Scream, Fast and Furious, A Series of Unfortunate Events

Do you have any tattoos? What do they mean?

I have three tattoos. I have a wave on my left wrist because the water is like my happy place, and my mom has a matching one. I have “here comes the sun” on my right forearm because it reminds me that better things are coming. I have a star on my right foot because when I was younger my dad put those glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling and would tell me weird stories about them, and it’s cute.

What was the last show you watched and did you like it? Why?

The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. I really liked it because I like the horror genre and I could never predict what was coming next on the show.

Perry is studying intercultural communication and minoring in vocal music at Michigan State University. When she's not studying, you can find her practicing yoga, playing the piano, or watching Bob's Burgers.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!