Style > Beauty

Sweet and Tropical: My Review of Viktor&Rolf’s Flowerbomb Tiger Lily Scent

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Disclaimer: MSU’s chapter of Her Campus was gifted samples of the Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Tiger Lily fragrance to share with members, this review reflects the writer’s personal opinion.

Having been unfamiliar with Viktor&Rolf until a few weeks ago, I wanted to try a sample of their newest perfume, Flowerbomb Tiger Lily. I felt drawn to the scent before I even opened the sample tubes, both from the title and the description.

If Flowerbomb Tiger Lily was a place, it would probably be a summer-long vacation in the tropics. Tiger lilies are native to China, Japan, and Korea – not the tropics – but this scent is noticeably sweet and floral, hence the perfume’s name. When spraying a lot of Flowerbomb Tiger Lily at once, I smelled a hint of citrus, adding to the tropical atmosphere. I usually prefer fruit-based scents, so I’m glad the perfume almost offers the choice of “lightly floral” to “aggressively sweet.”

I’m not the only person who noticed the perfume. The first day I wore Flowerbomb Tiger Lily, my dentist said to me, “Wow, you smell good!” I thanked her and told her about trying this new scent.

That compliment was a good sign, especially as it proved the scent doesn’t fade as soon as one walks outside. My biggest gripe about perfumes is their durability, so I’m glad Flowerbomb Tiger Lily is strong in multiple ways. The scent diminished slightly when I pursued physical activity, which is to be expected. Instead of disappearing entirely, Flowerbomb Tiger Lily hangs on as a duller version of itself, despite sweat or other smells. 

I definitely want to buy an full-sized bottle of this perfume, as I’ve already gone through the three samples Viktor & Rolf had been kind enough to gift me. I recommend Flowerbomb Tiger Lily to those who either already love tropical scents or who want to explore perfumes of this nature.

Willow Symonds (she/they) just transferred to MSU from Washtenaw Community College, where they majored in journalism and wrote for the student newspaper, The Washtenaw Voice. At MSU, she continues her education in journalism and works as a campus reporter for The State News, the independent student newspaper. Willow also minors in creative writing. Their love of words led them to join Her Campus MSU, where she hopes to write essays about personal experiences and analyses on specific media (mainly books, of which she tries to read in every genre). Read her short stories, poetry, and other work at https://substack.com/@neonorange789?utm_source=user-menu