Survival, the Her Campus Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

There’s nothing quite like a gift, especially when it’s freezing outside and your stress level is sky high. I am beyond pleased to say that my Her Campus Survival Kit came right on time. 

I don’t know what it is about finals week that causes all your healthy eating habits to fly out the window, but it’s real. I rarely eat potato chips, yet somehow I found myself hunched over my laptop with one hand on the keyboard and the other in a bag of Kettle Brand Salt & Pepper chips. I mean how could I resist such cutely packaged goodies? I will likely use that recyclable tote bag again! It’s a great size and I think the word bubbles are really cute. 

Also, speaking of food, THE CHIPOTLE FREE BURRITO CARDS ARE MY LIFE. Okay, so maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit. However, the HCMSU team, myself and my friends definitely indulged on a free burrito bowl (or two or four) multiple times before break. I especially love the cards because I use the leftovers as a promotional tool for HCMSU. Who doesn’t want to be a part of an organization that gets free burrito bowls?!

The Luna Bar Chocolate Peppermint Sticks were a perfect segway into the holidays. Eating one of those after hours of InDesign felt like a foreshadowing of all the peppermint bark I would eat once Christmas Break starts. Who knew the Luna Bars could give me, dare I say it, hope?

In addition to food (although it truly is the way to my heart), I totally appreciate the Cold-Eeze Cold Remedy Samples. Everyone in college knows that once someone is sick, everyone gets sick — especially towards the end of the semester. Somehow I managed to escape the claws of sickness, but I was able to share them with sick friends. I believe these packs are uber important for students who may not know how to manage their health. If illness can’t be prevented, at least it can be treated!

Although I’ve only been CC for a semester now, I can definitely say that this survival kit was perfect. From snacks to hair care, inspirational jewelry to underwear and everything in between, this kit is sure to put a smile on any girl’s face during the most stressful time of the school year. 

Thanks so much HC!!!

Hi Collegiettes!I'm Amber Taylor, Campus Correspondent at Michigan State University!I will graduate from MSU this May with a degree in journalism and a specialization in design. I am a native Chicagoan who loves shopping for anything from shoes, to midi rings to plates from Crate & Barrel. In my spare time, I enjoy live music and observing contemporary art. SO excited to get MSU more involved with HerCampus this year!Feel free to reach out to me! -HCXOAmber