Struggling to Find Cute Décor for Your Space? Check Out These Stores!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

For those with an eye for aesthetics and detail, finding trendy and tasteful décor for one’s space can sometimes be a struggle. If you find yourself relating to any of the below situations, you should strongly consider the options listed!

1. You browse through aisles of Target, Home Goods, and Bed Bath and Beyond desperate to find something, with the fear that you’ll have to resort to buying for the sake of convenience
  2. You’ve curated a board, whether it be a physical one with pictures taped, or online on Pinterest sectioned with an idea of your room, but in-store selection doesn’t carry anything that you like
  3. You have a specific style that you can’t quite pinpoint, and are struggling to find the right retailers that’ll carry what you’re looking for

As someone who can safely say that I’ve been caught in all three situations, here are my picks for places that will 100% offer the styles you want, without breaking the bank.

Society6

Society6 is a great place for finding anything from shower curtains and bathmats to yoga mats. You can find a wide selection of different prints, all sourced from freelance artists. The shop is slightly more expensive than the rest listed, but well worth your money if you’re interested in having original artwork and eclectic pieces.

Etsy

Ah, good ol’ Etsy. If you’re looking for personalized items, such as monogrammed pillow covers or handmade items, this is the website for that. The selection is endless and perfect for Pinterest girls as anything that is uploaded as a pin can pretty much be found on Etsy. If you’re also looking to support black-owned businesses, type the term “Etsy” into your internet search engine, and a link will take you there. 

Aliexpress

Aliexpress is a great website if you wish to find dupes for designer items (take for example, Murano lamps and Assouline books) and takes first place on this list for having the most inexpensive items. It’s a one-stop shop for anything from prints and posters to lighting. However, it is important that on such a large retailer as this to check for the item’s ratings, and reviews on the retailer and vendor, as in some cases what is advertised is not what always comes in the mail. However, taking the necessary precautions before buying an item off of Aliexpress will guarantee that the item is legitimate.

Your local flea market or secondhand store

If you consider yourself an individual that likes to collect what nobody else can find anywhere, look no further than your local flea market or secondhand store. Not only are you shopping sustainably, but you’ll also be buying items for a large markdown. An additional plus is that you’ll be saving yourself lots of money without online shipping.

Keep in mind that at the end of the day, your room should be a space that you’ll be happy to come home to, and one that puts you in a peaceful state of mind. Happy shopping!

Hi there! I am currently a junior that is part of The University of Michigan's chapter of HerCampus. I am a BCN and English double major, with aspirations to become a physician. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with loved ones, catching up on a good book, or streaming a copious amount of shows and movies on Netflix.