This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Girls will be girls and college is just another reason to take time to treat yourself. With busy schedules making most of us want to pull out our hair, we deserve the break. In order to keep sane through the semester, we need to get away from the books and take a second to relax.

1) Shopping

You have studied for days, pulled all nighters, slept in the library and when the time came to take the exam, you aced it. So, now it’s time to relax and have some fun. Get out of those yoga pants, rally up some friends and hit the mall. Nothing is more exciting than buying that something you have had your eye on. 

2) Spa Day

Stress and tension seem to accompany exams, presentations, essays and anything else professors load onto your full schedule. So why not take your mind off of college life by getting that much needed mani/pedi and a relaxing massage or new haircut. Once you have had a second to relax, you can hop back into the study mode with more determination and perseverance to 4.0 that exam or pesky paper you have been holding off on. 

3) Movie Theater

Everyone loves a great movie, so relax by taking out a few hours of your day and catching the latest chick flick at the movies theatre. It is cheap, doesn’t take up all of your day, and is a great way to sit back, relax and let your mind enter a new world for a few hours. Don’t forget popcorn!

4) Dinner out

Going out to dinner can get expensive, but every once in a while, you deserve it. Getting out of your room gives your mind a break to soak in all the studying you have already done. Plus, it gives yourself a meal thats not made in a cafeteria. So turn away from those books and take out time to spend money on your favorite restaurant. 

5) Do absolutely nothing

If going out isn’t what you want to do, then stay in, cuddle on the couch with a blanket and catch up on your favorite television shows. Let yourself relax and forget about your busy schedule for a few hours. You deserve it. If you never give yourself a break, you will overwork yourself. Let your mind think about what it has learned, relax, and then hit the books again.

Marissa Russo is a senior at Michigan State University studying  journalism with a concentration in apparel and textile design. Her love for writing coincides with her love for design, and after graduation she hopes to work at a publication that allows her to do both. Marissa is a co-campus correspondent for Her Campus MSU. Follow her on Instagram: marissrusso and Twitter: @marissrusso