This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Every year Spotify wraps up the year in a big playlist of a little over 100 of your most listened-to songs of the year. While this is an exciting chance for everyone to look back on their year and reflect on their listening histories, I continue to feel let down year after year. Don’t get me wrong, it is awesome what they do each year, and I have to say it’s a good playlist! It has to be. I mean, it is all of my favorite songs compiled into one extensive list! I just think that the more that Spotify does these yearly wrapped lists, it just isn’t as fun as it used to be when they first started. I might be only one of a few to hold this opinion, but did we all really listen to As It Was THAT much this year? It has been in everyone’s top 5, including mine! 

I will remain loyal to Spotify, and you will never catch me fighting for Apple Music. I would be nothing without my Spotify account, but if we switched up the yearly wrapped thing a bit, some of us would look forward to it more every year. Until then, I will begin to curate my destiny for next year’s wrapped playlist. If I want to listen to something embarrassing until I physically cannot stomach it anymore, I will take it to YouTube! 

Audrey Williams is a junior at Michigan State University studying Criminal Justice with a minor in Law, Justice and Public Policy. In her free time, she enjoys practicing archery with the MSU archery team. Audrey Williams enjoys writing about pop culture, music, and tv shows.