Sizzling Summer Concerts Around Michigan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

The school year may be drawing to a close but the music scene is just heating up. This year the concert list is endless sparking in every possible direction all throughout Michigan. So while you were busy attempting to keep your sanity with schoolwork forcing you to miss out on all of your favorite concerts, hopefully this summer will be one to make up for it. Whether it is an indoor or outdoor venue that suits your fancy, check out these anticipated concerts reaching out across the Michigan area that fit your preferred genre of music!

*For tickets: follow the links below.

MAY
5/5M83 – Majestic Theater, Detroit
5/6Neon Indian – Magic Stick, Detroit
5/12Kid Rock – Fox Theatre, Detroit
5/22Eve 6 – Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit
5/22Avicci – Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
5/23LMFAO & Far East Movement – The Palace, Auburn Hills
5/25Eddie Money – DTE Energy Music Theater, Clarkston
5/30Drake, J.Cole & Waka Flocka – DTE Energy Music Theater, Clarkston

JUNE
6/1Red Hot Chili Peppers – Joe Louis Arena, Detroit
6/1Country Throwdown featuring: Gary Allan, Rodney Atkins and Josh Thompson – DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston
6/6The Shins – The Fillmore, Detroit
6/11Radiohead – The Palace, Auburn Hills
6/17Foster the People – The Fillmore, Detroit

In between June and July, Rothbury, Mich. Hosts the highly anticipated Electric Forest music festival at the Double JJ Resort from June 28 – July 1.

JULY
7/5Warped TourPalace, Auburn Hills
7/7Fiona Apple – The Fillmore, Detroit
7/10Dave Matthews Band – DTE Energy Music Theater, Clarkston
7/21O.A.R (Of A Revolution) – Meadowbrook, Rochester

AUGUST
8/1Coldplay – Auburn Hills, Detroit
8/3Childish Gambino – The Fillmore, Detroit
8/5Wiz Khalifa & Mac Miller – DTE Energy Music Theater, Clarkston

Links for each venue for more concert info:

Majestic Theater
Magic Stick
The Fillmore
Fox Theater
Saint Andrews Hall
Joe Louis Arena
The Palace
DTE Energy Music Theater
Meadow Brook

Lauren is a fifth year senior at Michigan State University pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Journalism with a specialization in Editorial Reporting which she will graduate with in the summer of 2012. She previously graduated in May 2011 with a bachelor’s of arts degree in Apparel and Textile Design. Last summer she interned at 944 magazine which helped to strengthen her love for journalism. Lauren loves planning events such as the MSU Annual Undergraduate Fashion Exhibit last year where she had some of her designs and clothing featured. She loves sewing in her spare time and creating beautiful clothes for herself, friends and family. Lauren also enjoys entering her designs into fashion shows such as the Annual Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show last spring on campus where one of her dresses was a finalist for the judges choice award. She loves any kinds of sweets, cooking, crazy nail polish colors, Italian and Mexican food, shopping for shoes, MSU football games and watching The Devil Wears Prada over and over. Lauren is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and is very eager to begin the Her Campus branch at Michigan State!