This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Winter — the time of snow, holidays, hot chocolate and more. However, with all of those fun things comes something no one likes to deal with — a bitter cold that makes everything dry. When the time comes, it’s important to have an army of products equipped to handle it.

Hair

For your hair, you need to have two important products. First, a good deep conditioner. I recommend the Redken All Soft Deep Conditioner. At only $30 at Ulta for a 6.8 oz tube, you definitely get a good amount of product for your money. My hairstylist used this on me a couple of weeks ago when I got my hair done, and I could feel the effects for several showers. The second product you need is a good leave-in conditioner. I love the Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment. It’s infused with good things like coconut oil to both heal and protect your hair while leaving it shiny — all for $20.

Skin

The most important product I recommend is a good moisturizer. I’m partial to two — the Neutrogena Hydrogel and the Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. For the purpose of this article, I’d recommend the $36 Clinique moisturizer for when your skin really needs a boost. It’s creamy and sets into the skin well — perfect for right before bed or to spot treat in the morning before your makeup routine.

Lips 

Finally, you need to take care of your lips. A good lip scrub is the base —I’d recommend the edible $11 Lush lip scrub in any of the flavors. Bonus: it tastes good! The last product you’ll need is a good chapstick. All of my friends know and love my personal favorite, Dr. Bronner’s Organic Lip Balm. This $3 organic lip balm tends to fly under the radar; however, it is the best-of-the-best. Smooth but not greasy, it leaves your lips feeling ultra moisturized, without them going dry later in the day.

There you have it! The best products to keep your hair, lips, and skin smooth and soft all winter long.

Amarra is a freshman at Michigan State, majoring in humanities pre-law. She loves fashion and theater.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!