This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Poppi is a functional prebiotic soda for your gut infused with apple cider vinegar. It serves as an immunity sidekick. Husband-and-wife duo Allison and Stephan Ellsworth founded the company out of necessity and a lack of alternatives on the market. Allison had been looking for solace from her stomach issues and found apple cider vinegar was a solution to making her symptoms vanish. This led Allison and Stephan to experiment with combining fresh fruit juice and apple cider vinegar. They bottled their creation up and began selling it at their local farmers market in Dallas, Texas. It sold out every weekend, and they gained a devoted following. In 2018, they took their product to “Shark Tank,” where Rohan Oza made a $400,000 investment in the prebiotic soda to grow its popularity.

Drinking Poppi soda has many benefits. Each can contains about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, which is used widely around the globe for boosting immunity. The only downside of raw apple cider vinegar is its strong and bitter taste. Poppi overpowers that taste with fruity combinations like raspberry rose, ginger lime, and watermelon. According to Poppi’s website, 70% of your body’s immunity begins with your gut. Drinking Poppi may help refine your complexion, aid digestion, lower cholesterol, promote weight loss, naturally detoxify, and stabilize blood sugar. Poppi’s ingredients are real, fresh, and good for your body, making it a great alternative for soda addicts. I am obsessed with the soda myself and can verify the flavor. The brand’s packaging is appealing and well done. In fact, the packaging was the reason I picked up a can of Poppi in the first place; its health benefits were a plus. If you are interested in buying Poppi, you can get a 12-pack off Amazon for $36. Also, check out Poppi’s cute website at: drinkpoppi.com.

Sabrina Seldon is the Editor-in-chief of Her Campus at MSU. She edits articles, approves pitches and oversees the editing team. Seldon is a junior at Michigan State University majoring in Journalism with minors in Broadcast, Public Relations and Graphic Design. On top of her involvement with Her Campus, she is the Art Director of VIM Magazine at MSU. Seldon was Editor-in-chief of her high school's award-winning yearbook and has articles published through the Spartan Newsroom. Seldon enjoys listening to music, traveling and designing graphics in her free time.