Wellness

A Note of Inspiration to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Dear Reader, 

Do you feel burnt out because of the end of the semester? Me too. It’s been really hard. Zoom University (or high school) has taken a toll on all of us — and it’s hard to believe that we’re almost at the very end. This year has been rough, too. Many of us have faced unimaginable losses in a variety of ways. 

But guess what? There are less than 30 days before 2021, a fresh start if you will. You’ve worked so hard up until this point, and we want to end the semester as strong as we can. If anyone can do this, it’s you. You’ve survived every bad day, and you’re sitting here reading this, looking for inspiration. 

I’m here to tell you that you can do this. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and then take another one. Listen for even the smallest bit of noise wherever you are. Remind yourself of your best qualities – perseverance being one of them. You don’t give up. You’re not a quitter. If you were, you wouldn’t be reading this either. 

Think about your ideal future, and think about getting to that point where it’s all worth it. Graduation, starting graduate school, starting a new job that’s only just the beginning of your career. You can do this. 

Good luck! I can’t wait to see what you accomplish. 

— A burnt-out senior who just wants to graduate.

Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.