This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

So many great books have come out this year, and that definitely hasn’t changed in December! Reading is a great way to relax and take your mind off of the constant stress that comes with being a college student. If you’re looking to read as a way to escape, take a look at some of these new releases!

Layla by Colleen Hoover

A Colleen Hoover book is a great way to get your mind off of things. Who doesn’t love a good romance? Plus, it’s a thriller, so it should have you hooked and turning pages all night!

A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir

Even though this is the fourth book in the An Ember in the Ashes series, you shouldn’t let that stop you! Go grab those other books and get hooked into a fantasy series. They are a great way to escape reality for an even longer amount of time. 

The Cousins by Karen M. McManus

If you loved the One of Us is Lying series, you will love this! If you haven’t read One of Us is Lying, I definitely recommend it. The Cousins is a mystery novel/detective story. See if you can figure out what happens!

The Berlin Girl by Mandy Robotham

This book is set in the 1930s and follows a young investigative journalist sent to Berlin during the Holocaust. If you enjoy historical fiction you might enjoy this emotional read! 

So many great books were released in December. Winter break is a great time to get back into reading and check out what’s new!

Rayna is a junior in the School of Journalism. Her focus is in environment, science and health reporting, as well as health promotions. Rayna likes hiking, coffee, books, art, and plants.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.