Nevena Divic ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Nevena Divic

Age: 20

Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI

Major: Hospitality Business 

Relationship Status: Taken

Describe yourself in 3 words: Friendly, Motivated and Positive.

What can a member of the opposite sex do to get your attention? All a guy has to do to get my attention is be super nice, whether that means smiling at me and saying hello or holding the door open for me. Little things like that catch my attention. 

Most romantic thing a guy has ever done for you? The most romantic thing a guy has done for me was invite me over to his place and then cook me dinner. It was romantic in the fact that he made my favorite meal. I was impressed that he remembered what I had actually told him. I also thought it was sweet that he took the time and effort to do that for me, instead of just taking me to some restaurant. 

Biggest turn off? A cocky or pompous personality.

Celebrity crush? Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Favorite spot on campus? There are too many choose from–I would say either Spartan Stadium during football season or the rose garden in the spring. 

What is the best thing that has happened to you while attending MSU? The people that I have met and the relationships that have been created. I have met all of my best friends here and I know that these relationships will continue even when we all graduate and move all over the country. 

First thing on your MSU bucket list? Walk/run the entire parameter of MSU’s campus. 

A movie you could watch over and over and never get tired of? Despicable Me.

Something that most people don’t know about you?
 Most people don’t know that in high school I collected, with the help of my community, over 3,000 pens to send to schools and orphanages in Kenya. And I was even awarded the Presidential Volunteer Award from President Obama. 

If you were an animal, which one would you be and why? I would be a lion because they are very pretty animals and are confident and command respect and power as they walk around in the wild. 

Where do you see yourself in five years?
 In five years I see myself working for a company in a big city that develops hotels. I will be super happy, in love with my job and with my life!

Marissa Russo is a senior at Michigan State University studying  journalism with a concentration in apparel and textile design. Her love for writing coincides with her love for design, and after graduation she hopes to work at a publication that allows her to do both. Marissa is a co-campus correspondent for Her Campus MSU. Follow her on Instagram: marissrusso and Twitter: @marissrusso