My Favorite Spring Break Essentials

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

With spring break around the corner, you’re probably starting to think about the tons of items you have to pack to bring with you. Here are some of my favorite essentials for spring break that you may not have thought about packing until now!

1. Supergoop Glowscreen

When packing for spring break, sunscreen is a given. However, the Supergoop Glowscreen is a game changer. Not only does it provide SPF 40 for your face, but it also has a glowy tint to it to add a radiant finish to your skin. There are a few different shade options to choose from, and even acts as a primer for under your makeup as well.

2. Portable Charger

This item is often one that is overlooked. You would always think to bring your phone charger with you, but what about a portable one? If you’re traveling to a place where you’re going to be out and about most of the day, you may have limited access to a wall outlet. It’s important to keep your phone at a reasonable battery level, and having a portable charger on hand will ensure that you can do just that.

3. Tote Bag

I don’t know about you, but I’ve definitely received a tote bag from an on campus event or club meeting at some point. Why not put one of those bags to good use by bringing it with you on spring break? A tote bag can be a great lightweight bag to carry some of your essentials around with you throughout the day.

4. Packing Cubes

The day I learned what packing cubes are changed my life. They are an amazing way to pack all of your clothing items while saving space in your suitcase. My favorite part about packing cubes is that they come in a pack of several cubes so that you can use them all to easily separate each of the pieces of clothing according to categories (ex: swimsuits, shirts, pants, etc.).

5. Claw Clips

Claw clips are great to have on your trip to easily put your hair up when needed. Depending on where you’re traveling, the weather could be very windy or permit for various outdoor activities. In this case, claw clips come in handy to have your hair securely put up and out of your face. I prefer them over hair ties especially on vacation, because it’s a great way to add a pop of color to your outfit.

Now that you know about these hidden gems, consider adding them to your packing list to make for a smooth sailing spring break experience!

Nikita Shetti is a Senior at Michigan State University studying Applied Engineering Sciences with a concentration in Supply Chain Management. She is an avid dog lover, who also enjoys travelling and trying new foods.