This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Remember when Friday nights were the highlight of the week because you could stay up late and watch movies? Well with Disney+, you can relive that excitement of Disney Channel Original Movies. With Netflix, you can bring back the joy with some of the childhood classics they have recently added! Here are the top number of throwback movies to watch this semester!

Big Fat Liar 

Netflix added this gem a little while back but who didn’t love Amanda Bynes and some blue guy?! This movie is just as good now as it was then with all the action and comedy.

A Cinderella Story

Hillary Duff was a major idol for girls when we were younger with her music and acting career. This movie was an all-time favorite for me, and let’s be honest, we all still have a crush on Chad Michael Murray! This classic is available on Netflix.

SharkBoy and Lava Girl

This is where every girl’s crush on Taylor Lautner started! The action-packed movie was one of the favorites in my family. Who didn’t want cool powers as a kid?

Kim Possible 

Who doesn’t love the basic average girl whos here to save the world? This show was a dream; I wanted to be Kim so bad when I was younger. Every episode is on Disney+, and so is the movie! Must binge this semester for sure!

The Lizzie McGuire Movie

Let’s bring it back to how amazing Hillary Duff was and still is! The movie was definitely one of my favorites, now and when it came out! I was so jealous that she got to travel the world with her school and got to be an international pop star.

Hannah Montana 

What a great show, music, and everything in between. I had birthday parties with the Hannah theme and all of her music to jam too. This show was full of emotions that it was hard not to love. It really was the best of both worlds!

Suite Life of Zack and Cody 

A Disney classic that even got another show after it ended. This was so funny and made every kid want to live in a hotel. I have recently rewatched this show and let me tell you, it is still good, and I would still live in a hotel!

Any Disney Princess Movie

Disney+ has unlocked the vault and has any Disney princess movie you could imagine. Whichever princess was your favorite, you can now relive the magic of her movie again and again. 

There are a TON more throwbacks on Netflix and Disney+ to choose from depending on your preferences. They bring back so much joy and really make you feel like a kid again. Pick a cold, snowy day or a movie night with roomies and you’ll be sure to have a great time!

Senior studying Psychology with a Public Relations minor
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!