nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Member Spotlight: Sarah Pettit, ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Sarah Pettit

Year: Senior

Major: Communications, minor in public relations

Hometown: Rochester Hills, Michigan

What made you decide to join Her Campus?

I wanted to get involved in something that allowed me to be creative so, when I heard about Her Campus, I just thought it would be perfect!

What’s your favorite thing about Her Campus?

I love having the freedom to get creative and write about things that I’m passionate about.

Why did you choose to study communication and public relations?

I actually started at MSU with an apparel and textiles major (I was interested in styling) and my first week of classes I was told that I would have to design and create a wearable outfit…so I ran from that major really quickly. Then I remembered someone telling me once that they wish they had majored in communications so I looked it up and it seemed like a great fit! I added PR later because I knew I wanted to specialize in something and PR seemed really interesting to me.

What’s your favorite thing about MSU?

I just love the campus and the community that being a Spartan brings. I feel like I could go anywhere in the world, yell “Go green!” and someone would inevitably respond, “Go white!” and that’s a great feeling.

What’s your dream job?

I would love to be a publicist in the entertainment industry!

If you could be any celebrity for a day, who would you be?

This is such a hard question! I feel like I’d like to be someone like Jennifer Lawrence. She’s so funny and seems so down to earth and people seem to like her. Plus she’s super successful!

What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Definitely my friends and family. They are the absolute best! I’m also thankful for making it to senior year with my sanity!

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.