Meet HCMSU’s New Mascot: Nori

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Nori

How old are you? I am only 8-weeks old!

How’d you get your name? My “moms” named me after the nickname of Kim Kardashian’s and Kanye West’s baby, North West. Sometimes they call her Nori.

What breed are you? I am half Jack Russell Terrier and half Chihuahua.

What’s your fav dog treat? I love my hamburger-flavored treats!

Canned or dry food? Dry all the way!

Your go-to outfit? It would have to be a tie between my pink fleece sweater with the hearts on it or my red hoodie that says “spoiled” on it.

Chew toy or bone? If I had to choose, probably chew toy because I love my toy giraffe and toy pig, but I do love bones too!

Favorite place to go for a walk? The other day, my “moms” walked me to the elementary school park on Harrison Rd. It was really fun, but I was really sleepy afterwards.

Any best friends? For Thanksgiving, I met my “aunts” and “uncle” — my “mom’s” “brother” and “sisters.” There is Rosie, a Rat Terrier, Yepa, a Husky and Luke, an English Pointer. I felt so small next to them.

Your favorite memory? My favorite memory would have to be my first time going to Petsmart. I got to play with so many toys in the isles, pick out new outfits and run around! I even got a new collar and leash.

A Freshman at Michigan State University. Enjoys 90's movies, rock alternative music, and reading books of all kinds. Apart of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and studies Journalism. Can be found running around campus, eating heaps of food at the Caf, or cheering my Spartans on at Spartan Football Stadium!
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian