A Letter To My Best Friend At Another College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

To the person who’s seen me at my worst and still chooses to keep me around:

College is a time of change that affects many aspects of our lives. The seasons change, I’m learning new subjects and I’m seeing new faces daily. Because change is such a prominent part of college life, people have come and gone — and that’s okay. Although we attend different schools and have different goals, our friendship remains constant.

If there’s one thing I know for certain, it’s that I can always count on you to drop what you’re doing and answer my phone call. Although it may seem trivial, our rants are sometimes the highlight of my day. Whether classes are getting me down or I’m simply just tired, your energy instantly brightens my mood.

You believe in me when others don’t and always encourage me to be the best version of myself. The impact you’ve had on my life is incredible — you’re one of my greatest supporters. We have the same outrageous sense of humor and I never laugh harder than when we’re hanging out and joking around.

We’ve experienced many firsts together and I know we will experience many more. When something happens to you, I’m the first person you tell. You may not realize this, but the fact that you trust me with everything has a big impact on my life. It makes me feel dependable and loved.

I know life will take us in different directions, but I have no doubt that you will always be a positive aspect of my life. When I need you, you will be there.

And I will always be there for you too.

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.