Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Every Procrastinator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Scrambling to find something to wear at the last minute is something every college girl has experience at some point or another. With Halloween right around the corner, you may be wondering what you could possibly pull together with your college budget. Because midterms happen to fall right around Halloween, these costumes are super easy and quick to make — meaning you have that much more time to study for exams — or procrastinate like you usually do.

1. Skeleton

Just grab a plain white tee and start cutting! Bonus points if you’re anatomically correct. Wear any form of a black top underneath and use black eyeliner for the facial features and you’re good to go!

2. Pop art character

This one’s great because you can wear anything you want. Using makeup you already have (or paint if you prefer), just follow this tutorial and you have a killer costume.

3. Scarecrow

I think it’s safe to say that most girls own at least one flannel. Pair your plaid top with any denim bottom, add boots and a hat and you’ll be the cutest scarecrow in the field. Follow this easy scarecrow makeup for added costume detail.

4. Game show contestant

This is another costume where you can get away with wearing anything you want. Just use cardboard and colored construction paper or a colored poster board to make a name tag and score board. You’re guaranteed to win in this easy costume!

5. Easy A

This costume be done in many variations. Just take black clothes (preferably provocative ones if you’re comfortable with that) and sew, tape, pin, or glue a red A to your top. Because this movie is so iconic, this costume is guaranteed to get an A+ rating from your friends.

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.