Style > Beauty

L’oreal Lash Paradise: A Must or A Bust?? 

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

This year, I joined the Campus Trendsetters program, which gives students opportunities to sample and review new products. I participated in the Back-to-School Opportunity, and received a care package with lots of different goodies. The item I was most excited to try was L’oreal’s Lash Paradise mascara, a well-known dupe for Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara. I am a huge fan of this Too Faced product — it’s absolutely magical— so it’s safe to say that I was a little skeptical of L’oreal’s version. I’ve seen lots of different reviews debating which mascara is better, but I wanted to give it a try for myself. 

This is what the product looks like. It’s really cute! It looks a lot like its expensive counterpart. 

This is what my lashes looked like after using the product. I have naturally long lashes sans mascara, but this mascara did a great job at lengthening my lashes without clumping them together. 

The final look: I used Benefit’s Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation in shade 7 L’oreal’s Infallible Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner in Black; L’oreal’s Lash Paradise Mascara in Blackest Black; and Nudestix Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil in the shade Retro. I typically don’t wear much makeup on a daily basis (those 8 am’s are killer), but if I do feel like looking a bit nicer, this is typically my go-to! I set my makeup with Milani’s Make It Last Matte Charcoal Setting Spray— which I also received from Campus Trendsetters. 

Here’s my honest breakdown: Lash Paradise absolutely works, and it is definitely worth your purchase. Too Faced’s mascara retails around $25 for a full-size tube, and L’oreal’s mascara retails for around $10. You could get two full size Lash Paradise mascaras for every Better Than Sex one, so it’s great if you’re on a budget. If you’re someone that needs both volume and length, I’d stick with Too Faced. The L’oreal version was great and gave me length, but it didn’t necessarily offer the volume that the Too Faced version provides. Regardless, Lash Paradise wins my vote!   

Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!
Taylor is an alumnus of Michigan State University's James Madison College and Honors college, holding a Bachelor of Arts in Social Relations and Policy and a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. She formerly served as the Editor-in-Chief and co-Campus Correspondent of MSU's chapter. She works in Lansing She's passionate about women's rights, smashing the patriarchy, and adding to her fuzzy sock collection.