element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kayleigh Garrison ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Kayleigh Garrison

Year: Freshman

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Jackson, Michigan.

Relationship status? Enjoying the single life.

Greatest pickup line ever used on you? If you ever want to be entertained, make a Tinder. The best pickup line I’ve gotten was from some guy on Tinder. He said something like, “I was in the middle of writing this message when a police officer pulled me over for texting and driving. He asked me what I was doing, and I showed him your picture. He said the only way he would let me off with a warning was if you gave me your phone number.” It was really cheesy, but creative and adorable.

Celeb crush? Hunter Hayes is an angel sent from Heaven. I have seen him in concert four times, and he is talented beyond words. In October, my dad and I drove four hours to see him at Purdue! We waited outside his tour bus for over an hour in 35 degree weather, and it was the most amazing, unforgettable experience of my life. He was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met, and it made me love him so much more.

Your usual Sparty Combo? Cocoa Krispies all day, every day.

Favorite dorm decoration? Everything my sorority big made me (canvases, paddles, etc.) I also love my Christmas tree and Christmas lights! It feels like a winter wonderland.

Describe your favorite Christmas sweater? I prefer cute Christmas sweaters because they make me happy. Mine has a cute snowman on it with a knit carrot nose and a scarf.

Favorite spot on campus? I love walking around North neighborhood because of all of the old buildings and all of the trees. It makes me realize how beautiful our campus is. I also love walking the Lansing River Trail because cars can’t drive through there, making it such a peaceful walk.

Activities you’re involved with on campus? I’m involved in too much. I’m in the sorority Alpha Omicron Pi which I love so, so much. I freelance for The State News, write for the online website, The Odyssey, and I go to Greek ROC which is a Bible study for women in Greek life.

Your favorite memory of the year so far? Going to the Big 10 Championship game. Seriously the coolest experience I’ve ever had, and I’m still in disbelief that I was there.

What’s your dream job? Writing for Teen Vogue or People Magazine would be really cool. I also dream of being a red carpet correspondent like Giuliana Rancic and covering the Academy Awards.

What is your favorite thing about being a part of the MSU family? I love being a Spartan. Whenever people ask why I love this school so much, I never know what to tell them because there are so many reasons. The spirit and love for this school is unlike anything I’ve ever seen, and I couldn’t imagine going anywhere else. I love that Spartans never back down.

Your quote that you live by? “Throw kindness around like confetti.” -Unknown.

A Freshman at Michigan State University. Enjoys 90's movies, rock alternative music, and reading books of all kinds. Apart of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and studies Journalism. Can be found running around campus, eating heaps of food at the Caf, or cheering my Spartans on at Spartan Football Stadium!
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian