Jeanologie Boutique: Opening in Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

A high-end boutique reopened March 18 on 303 M.A.C. Ave. in East Lansing after smoke damage from a fire in the building.

Jeanologie Boutique reopened carrying all new merchandise: new formal and semi formal dresses, club attire, jeans, special occasion tops and loungewear.

The time off of work after the fire was used to order the new, affordable merchandise, along with cleaning and putting in a new ceiling. Co-owner of Jeanologie Boutique, Michelle Gross, says, “Our pieces all have special details and are right on trend.”

Gross stated that their new line is geared toward young professionals and working women. The line features more appropriate clothing for the work atmosphere, including pencil skirts with longer hemlines.

“With this new line, it’s easier for college students to find the right outfits to wear for an important interview or internship position we may have,” Allison Dick, Michigan State University sophomore and customer says.

Anita Gross, co-owner of Jeanologie Boutique, says they try to serve their customers the best they can and make it a special shopping experience for them.

In order to make their customers shopping experiences successful, Anita Gross says that they would be willing to order something specifically to satisfy a customer’s needs. Gross added that they have dresses for as cheap as $38, which was unheard of before the reopening.

“The prices now are no-brainers to customers because they are a

ffordable, so there is no reason for them to go home and contemplate whether or not to purchase a product,” Gross says.

They have received a very positive response to all of the new spring merchandise from the reopening. Anita Gross says her and her daughter run the store together now. Although, they are doing well with the reopening, and may be looking for more employees in the distant future.

The new merchandise from the reopening will be featured down the runway for Girls’ Day Out, which starts with a fashion show inside of the Marriott Hotel on 300 M.A.C. Ave. in East Lansing and takes place on April 13.

Interested in learning more about the reopening? Check out the Jeanologie Boutique Facebook page and look for updates.

Marissa Russo is a senior at Michigan State University studying  journalism with a concentration in apparel and textile design. Her love for writing coincides with her love for design, and after graduation she hopes to work at a publication that allows her to do both. Marissa is a co-campus correspondent for Her Campus MSU. Follow her on Instagram: marissrusso and Twitter: @marissrusso