Anna Schultz-Girl And Guy Playing Beer Pong
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

How to Host the Best (and Safest) Tailgate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Now that football season is well underway, that means that tailgate season is here! While everything looks different this year and we’re still in a pandemic, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy game days. I’ve listed a few things you can do at your apartment with a couple of friends to have a fun and especially safe tailgate. 

1. Do Jell-o shots the night before.

Jell-o shots are super easy to make but require time to fully solidify, so I recommend doing them the night before. They even sell green Jell-o for an extra touch of green spirit!

1. Get a foldable table and red solo cups.

Having a table will give you guys a wide range of game options such as beer pong, stack cup, flip the cup, titanic, etc. You can look up other games online for the rules, and if you’re feeling artsy, you could always paint and customize the table! 

1. Invite your friends two hours before the game starts.

(I’ll only invite those friends that I know have been safe and taken this pandemic seriously. Also, keep in mind that 10 people maximum can be in a room at the same time.) With that said, this is a perfect way to get into the gameday spirit by dancing, playing games, singing, and drinking. Once kick-off starts, you will definitely be hype to see Rocky Lombardi and Mel Tucker on that screen.

1. Once the game starts, order some food.

After dancing, singing, and drinking with your closest friends, you’ll start to get hungry. To keep the party going, order some food! There’s also a lot of good deals on game days and I HIGHLY recommend pizza from cottage inn or, depending on your level of intoxication: Conrad’s.

I hope these help! Please remember to stay safe! Gooo Green!

Maria graduated in 2021 with a major in Marketing and a minor in Sports Management. She was born in Barcelona, Spain, and enjoyed writting all types of content, from fun, non-political articles to sports blogs to articles discussing very critical issues. In the future, she hopes to be involved in the business aspect of a sports organization such as the NHL or La Liga.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.