freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Hayley Jones

Year: Junior

Major: Creative Advertising

Hometown: Edwardsburg, Michigan

Did you do anything exciting this summer? I visited my boyfriend’s family in the UP a couple of times and took a road trip from California to Michigan with my best friend.

Where can we usually find you outside of class? Fieldhouse (where I work)

Dream job: Graphic/Layout Designer for National Geographic

Relationship status: In a relationship

How did the two of you meet? Both of us lived in West Circle freshman and sophomore year. We didn’t meet until one night sophomore year, when I was studying by myself at the Union. He asked if he could sit with me, I said yes, and the rest is history

What do you look for in a partner? A combination of brains and a great sense of humor/personality. The biggest thing is whether or not he makes me laugh. And nice muscles never hurt, either!

Biggest turnoff in a guy: I think it’s a huge turn off when a guy is super cocky/arrogant.

Best pickup line: Are you a beaver? Because DAM.

Ideal date: I really like doing things outdoors, so hammocking or a picnic or something like that would be a really fun date, I think.

Celeb crush: Austin Butler

Guilty pleasure: CHOCOLATE and One Tree Hill. Yes, I know how basic that makes me.

Most embarrassing moment: My life is kind of one long series of embarrassing moments… So, I honestly don’t think I can pick just ONE. A good example though, would be the time I slipped and fell flat on my butt in the snow in front of a huge pack of runners on campus. These things happen to me regularly.

What is your favorite MSU memory? Again, there are too many to just pick one… But, most of my favorite memories are football games, random midnight 7/11 runs to get slushies with my best friends and having random date nights with my roommates where we go shopping, and out to dinner and then come home and watch movies. I love every day at MSU (minus exam week, obviously).

What is your favorite spot on campus? The Botanical Gardens, especially in the spring.

What are your post-graduation plans? I really hope to travel a little bit before I become a real adult and get a job, but once it’s time, I plan to move somewhere out West and work for a smaller advertising agency. I know it sounds cheesy, but I really am just kind of going with the flow.

What song and/or quote best describes you? “Better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn’t smile back.”

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian