Harrison Gardner ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Harrison Gardner
 Year: Junior
 Major: Criminal Justice
 Hometown: Birmingham, Mich.
 Relationship status: Single

Favorite part of MSU: Best part of MSU is the people.    It’s so diverse here yet everyone shares one big  commonality; we all love to get crazy!

Are you involved with anything on campus? I’m in  my 3rd year of Army ROTC, a training group called Ranger  1 within the program, and additionally I serve on the E-board of my fraternity, Sigma Pi.

What you find most attractive in a girl: Beauty is  often the first thing most guys worry about, but that can  drag you in for all the wrong reasons.  Three things are  big  for me: honesty, independence, and a sense of humor.  Those three things in a beautiful girl that knows how to let go and goof around will make me melt completely.

Dream date: Cook a lovely meal, eat it on the beach watching the sunset, then a midnight boat ride under the stars.

What’s your secret weapon when flirting with a girl: Eye contact.  I guess that’s not really secret but making someone feel comfortable talking to you is big.  If that doesn’t work, I’ll pull out the fact my mom is a personal shopper.  That’s the kicker. (Sayyy whaaa?! That’s awesome! -HCMSU)

TV Guilty Pleasure: Food network with Giada de Laurentiis.  Can’t get enough of it, and I love to cook so that makes it even harder to get away from.

Most embarrassing moment: Freshman year I tripped in the middle of the cafeteria holding my full tray of food.  It went everywhere, including a table full of girls… The thunderous applause at least made it somewhat bearable.

One person to be stranded on an island with: My best friend Joel or Alex, because we’d only be stranded as long as we wanted to.

Secret talent: I have a knack for writing cute poems.  We use them sometimes to court sororities for events, but I have my own collection I don’t share.

Something on your bucket list: Definitely want to live in Italy someday. (Us too! –HCMSU)

Celebrity crush: Amber Heard from The Rum Diary.  I was stunned the first time she came on screen along with every other guy in the room.

Campus crush: Well, only the best get crowned, and she’s one of them.  Better yet I think this lovely lady is starting to fit my aforementioned description pretty well..

Lauren is a fifth year senior at Michigan State University pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Journalism with a specialization in Editorial Reporting which she will graduate with in the summer of 2012. She previously graduated in May 2011 with a bachelor’s of arts degree in Apparel and Textile Design. Last summer she interned at 944 magazine which helped to strengthen her love for journalism. Lauren loves planning events such as the MSU Annual Undergraduate Fashion Exhibit last year where she had some of her designs and clothing featured. She loves sewing in her spare time and creating beautiful clothes for herself, friends and family. Lauren also enjoys entering her designs into fashion shows such as the Annual Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show last spring on campus where one of her dresses was a finalist for the judges choice award. She loves any kinds of sweets, cooking, crazy nail polish colors, Italian and Mexican food, shopping for shoes, MSU football games and watching The Devil Wears Prada over and over. Lauren is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and is very eager to begin the Her Campus branch at Michigan State!