Guide to Having a Great Halloweekend at MSU

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

The holiday season is upon us, which means even more events, plans, parties, and the fear of missing out (FOMO). However, even with everything going on, it can be hard to figure out what to do, especially with Halloween being on a Monday this year. But once your work is done (or not, I won’t judge), maybe try fitting some of these plans into your Halloweekend agenda.

1. Check out the fall events happening on campus

It’s a college campus: there’s ALWAYS something going on. Whether it’s the Pumpkin Palooza at People’s Park (shoutout freshman class council), the Rocky Horror Picture Show put on by UAB and Arc, or any other activities happening on Grand River, you’re bound to find something to do every day of the week leading up to – and following – Halloween. 

1. Go out!

Would it be Halloweekend without having a fun night out with your friends? Go to, or host, a Halloween party (or three)! Make sure to dress in your best costume – even last minute costumes can be great. And remember: if you don’t feel like getting an Uber, ASMSU Saferide will get you back to campus for free, no questions asked.

1. Movie night

Sometimes, after a long week of classes, you can’t find it in yourself to go out for the weekend. If this is the case, don’t let “FOMO” get the best of you – honor your rest, invite some friends over, and have a girls night in with your favorite Halloween classics (maybe even in the theater at Wonders).

1. Leave

Not only is it Halloweekend, but it’s also the Michigan State University (MSU) versus University of Michigan (UMich) game in Ann Arbor! Whether you’re a big fan of football games or if you just have friends living there and you feel like traveling – like I do – this is a great option to get out of town and have a good time.

No matter how you plan to celebrate your Halloweekend, there will always be something going on that’ll be right up your alley. Just remember to get (most of) your work done, stay safe and have a great Halloweekend!

MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.