sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Go Shawties, it’s Ya Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Finally, the day I know we’ve ALL been waiting for (or dreading). Whether you have a special someone this Valentine’s Day or you’re ridin’ solo, it’s never a bad idea to get together with your closest gal pals and spend an evening, or even a few hours, together to celebrate the real hype of February: Galentine’s Day. Here are five fun ideas that won’t break the bank and won’t keep you from your pile of Psych homework (I mean, only if you want them to)!

1. Sushi, Anyone?

Let’s be real: who doesn’t love sushi? Grab a group of your besties, throw those cute mini dresses and red lips on, and get ready for a fun night out. Whether you split a large sushi plate or stick with what you know and order a roll for yourself, it’s relatively cheap, yet still an elegant experience.

2.  Movie Night… In

Whether you’re sobbing over “The Notebook,” or laughing hysterically over “The Office,” movie night is a perfect substitute for leaving the house. Delegate everyone to wear their comfiest and cutest pajamas and each bring a movie of their choice over to pick from (movie roulette, anyone?)

3. Bake-a-thon

Baking with your friends is somehow 10 times more fun than baking alone. Go out and buy pink and red sprinkles, marshmallows, cake batter, frosting; the works, basically. Make it a night you’ll never forget, ― and a night that your taste buds will thank you for.

4. Poor up… Dranks?

21 or not, there’s nothing like going out and just relaxing with your girls. It can be the local Mexican restaurant, or the fancy bar; either way, with a drink in your hand, you’re unstoppable. (Tip: it might help if there’s a dancefloor nearby… just sayin’).

5. Manis and Pedis, oh my!

This is the most expensive idea of the five; however, it’s kind of a necessity, right? Going with your bestie to get a mani or pedi (or both?) is a perfect way to make your Galentine’s Day amazing. Unload the latest gossip with your gf, or simply browse on your phones in each other’s presence. Sometimes, it’s just nice to be close to the ones we love.

No matter who you are, no matter what walk of life you’re in, you’re always in need of time out with your closest girls. Take advantage of this day dedicated to you and yours!

Sophomore at Michigan State University studying Communications.
Taylor is an alumnus of Michigan State University's James Madison College and Honors college, holding a Bachelor of Arts in Social Relations and Policy and a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. She formerly served as the Editor-in-Chief and co-Campus Correspondent of MSU's chapter. She works in Lansing She's passionate about women's rights, smashing the patriarchy, and adding to her fuzzy sock collection.