Style > Beauty

“Glowy” Makeup Products You Will LOVE

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As an avid makeup lover, I’ve grown up experimenting with different products and looks. I started playing around with makeup in fifth or sixth grade after watching “beauty gurus” like Bethany Mota; they do their own makeup and recommend products. 

Over the years, I’ve continued to find new products that better represent my style. I’ve found plenty of these products from browsing stores like Ulta Beauty and Sephora, from friends, and via my TikTok For You page. Recently I’ve been into the clean look, where your skin glows. Blush goes really good with it, as well as bronzer to make yourself look sun-kissed and bold; it’s important to have natural eyebrows and a good coat of mascara too. 

I’d say my inspiration for this look comes from apps like Pinterest and TikTok, particularly juicyjrock, ​​urlocaltoothfairy, and asapabes, who are all TikTok creators.

Here are some of the products I’ve been loving that have helped me achieve this look:

1. Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer by Too Faced Cosmetics 

This concealer is full coverage, long-lasting, and it doesn’t make you breakout or dry out your skin. It blends in and gives your face the perfect base for other makeup. I don’t wear foundation because I don’t feel that it’s necessary, but I still like wearing concealer to even out my skin tone and cover up any blemishes I have at the moment. 

1. Soft Pinch Liquid Blush by Rare Beauty in the Color ‘Happy’

This blush is GORGEOUS. It even won the Allure Best of Beauty Award for 2022. I’ve never been super into blush, until I discovered this. It’s lightweight, long-lasting, and so pretty. A little goes a long way with this product; a tiny dot on each cheek is all you need to look GORGEOUS.

1. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer by Too Faced 

I’ve used this blush for probably 5+ years (that makes me feel old). In fact, the bronzer I currently have is one they no longer produce; and the label has been rubbed off completely. It lasts all day long and is a gorgeous bronzer; it even smells like chocolate.

1. Translucent Loose Setting Powder from Laura Mercier 

This powder is very popular and for good reason! It lasts a long time, it’s oil free, and it works for most skin types.

1. Brow Wiz Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil from Anastasia Beverly Hills

This is my go-to eyebrow product for natural-looking, full brows. I’ve even converted my mom into liking it. This brow pencil is perfect to fill in your eyebrows in sparse areas, and they have tons of shades to choose from. I personally use the color ebony to match my dark brown hair.

1. Strong Hold Clear Brow Gel from Anastasia Beverly Hills

I use this product to keep my eyebrows looking good all day. It sets your brows in place so you don’t have to feel dry, gross, or crispy.

1. Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara from Benefit Cosmetics

This is kind of a funny problem to have, but I already have long, dark eyelashes since I’m part Armenian. So I don’t need anything to make my eyelashes insanely large, just mascara to further define my eyelashes. This mascara curls your eyelashes in the process and doesn’t feel tacky, which is a plus.

1. Lip Glowy Balm in Berry from Laneige

I recently discovered this product since Laneige’s lip masks have become popular. I love a somewhat natural and “glowy” look when it comes to lip gloss, but I hate how some lip glosses dry out your lips. So far this product hasn’t dried my lips out, and it’s a nice final touch to your makeup look!

I love how current makeup trends seem to be about embracing your natural features. I love the feeling of applying makeup and feeling like it represents me! These products are all great quality. They last a long time, depending on how often they’re used. In my humble opinion, they’re well worth the cost! 

This is a solid everyday makeup look. It’s not too complicated, and it complements almost anyone’s features! I hope you gain some inspiration from this article and try out some of these products!

Elizabeth Cordill is a senior at Michigan State University studying Neuroscience with a concentration in Behavior and Systems. Upon graduation, she hopes to work during gap year(s) prior to pursuing medical school. A wide variety of specialties interest her: from OB/GYN, neurology, and pediatrics, just to name a few. Elizabeth is passionate about improving patient care, an interest she has furthered with research involvement on campus. On campus she is currently involved with epidemiology research in gynecological health. Outside of being a writer and member of the design team for Her Campus MSU, she enjoys spending time with friends, cooking, scrolling on Pinterest, spending time outside, working out, working with kids, and traveling. She has loved writing since taking Writing as Inquiry (WRA101) here at MSU. She hopes to gain more experience through Her Campus!