This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

While scrolling through Tik Tok the past couple of weeks, I have seen a constant stream of videos talking about the conspiracy theory that Taylor Swift and Harry Styles committed vehicular manslaughter while they were still in a relationship. It’s absolutely absurd, but it has become such a big part of the Taylor Swift fan base that making ridiculous connections actually helps bring the community together. This theory has got me thinking about some of the most insane conspiracy theories I’ve come across, and to not share these would be tragic.

Nicholas Cage is Actually A Vampire

In 2011, an antiques dealer posted a photo from the 1800s to sell on eBay. Normally that wouldn’t raise any red flags- except  that the man in the photo looks eerily similar to Nicholas Cage. Even the man who posted the photo believes it to be Nicholas Cage saying: “Personally I believe it’s him and that he is some sort of walking undead/vampire, et cetera, who quickens/reinvents himself once every 75 years or so.” The easiest explanation is simply that the man in the photo has some similar features to Cage, but I think the best part about theories like this one is how far you have to reach to make it make sense.

Paul Mccartney is Dead

This theory goes all the way back to 1966. It states that Paul Mccartney got into a fatal car accident that year, and The Beatles decided to hire a look-a-like named Billy Shears to pretend to be Paul Mccartney to this day. The album Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band came out in 1967 and people believed the cover to be depicting a funeral. More specifically, they believe it to be depicting Paul Mccartney’s funeral. I don’t believe this theory to be true in the slightest, but if it were, Billy Shears really snagged the role of a lifetime. Mccartney actually knew about this theory at the time, and he found it quite amusing.

Britney Spears Was an Instrument of the Bush Administration

We all know about Britney Spears’s infamous early 2000s public meltdown, but what a lot of people don’t know about is that there’s a whole conspiracy theory that states the Bush administration paid Britney to do everything she did so that headlines would be pulled away from the administration’s low approval ratings. The part that actually gives this theory any backbone is that people claimed to have seen Spears hanging around Bush’s White House advisor in 2002. There is nothing that actually proves these claims, and there is no photo evidence of the two of them together.

Poot Lovato

This is one of my all time favorite conspiracy theories. It started back in 2016 when paparazzi took a photo of celebrity Demi Lovato at a really awful angle. The lighting was horrendous, and this caused her to look like a strange version of herself. Fans came up with the idea that the awful picture was not of Demi, but of her lost twin sister Poot. You might be thinking that Demi Lovato doesn’t have a sister, and you’d be absolutely correct. Poot is a completely fictional persona that is said to have been locked in Demi’s basement for the entirety of her life. At first, Demi did not find it funny, yet she eventually accepted the theory and believes it to be quite comical now.

Taylor Swift is the Clone of a Satanic Priestess

Back in 2016, people saw clips from the ‘80s of Zeena LaVey, the daughter of the founder of the Satanic Church, and thought that she looked exactly like Taylor Swift. There is really no evidence to this one at all except for the shocking resemblance between the two. It is though that Taylor could be a clone sent by the illuminati or that she is LaVey reincarnated- which would not make sense because LaVey is still alive to this day.

Obviously, I do not expect anyone to come out of reading this article believing any of these five theories, but I do recommend doing your own digging into these and maybe some others. Learning about conspiracy theories is one of my favorite pastimes, and honestly, not believing in the theory can make it even more fun to research.

Bella is a sophomore at Michigan State University studying journalism with a concentration in international reporting!
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.