This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It feels like you have an infinite amount of time while you are quarantined at home, and it is extremely easy to get bored. Here are five things that you can do at home either alone or with your family to keep yourself busy and entertained during this pandemic.  

Start a New TV Show

What better time to start binging on a new TV show than when you are quarantined at home? Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Disney+ combined give you a wide variety of TV shows and movies to watch to keep yourself entertained. If you don’t want to watch alone, you can always watch with your family or even with your friends using Netflix Party!

Learn How to Cook

There is always something new you can learn when cooking. Cooking is a skill that you need to learn for your later life, so why not start learning now when you have plenty of time trapped at home? It is a great way to explore your culinary talent and bond with your family if they are teaching you their recipes. Use this time to master a skill that your future self will thank you for.

Make a Tik-Tok

Tik-Tok has become the new craze of 2020. Film yourself doing fun dances and create fun videos of yourself and your family to show the world. Tik-Tok also has so many tips and things to learn! Don’t just sit around lazy all day, get up and learn a new dance or song using Tik-Tok. If you don’t consider yourself a talented dancer, make yourself one using Tik-Tok!

Deep Clean/Organize Your Room

Have you ever put off cleaning/organizing your room because you were “too busy” or had “too much work” to do? Well, now you have all the time in the world to go through your stuff and Konmari your room and house. Use this time to get rid of everything you don’t need anymore and make space for what you have. Make your life more minimalistic and simple starting from your room.

Exercise

This is the perfect time to get back in shape as you have always wanted to. Don’t let quarantine stop you from getting that summer bod! There are many home workouts that are bodyweight exercises and don’t require any machines. No more excuses! Use this time to your advantage and get on that summer bod grind!

Why not use all of this time to do something we always wanted to do? Do these five things to make you quarantine a lot less boring and a lot more fun! Don’t let COVID-19 bring you down, use it as an excuse to achieve any pending goals you had or start something you were putting off for a while!

I am a freshman at Michigan State University with a major in Human Biology. I plan to go to Michigan State University's medical school through the Osteopathic Medical Scholars Program to pursue a career in OBGYN. I love to dance, sing and play tennis. In my free time, I like to watch Netflix and take long naps. I am a Friends enthusiast and am fluent in Friends quotes.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!