Food
Food
Yessica Lee

Five Healthy Foods to Snack on at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Looking to lose some weight while at home? The most important thing to do is to watch your diet. Snacking is one of the easiest ways to gain unwanted weight. The following snacks are healthy alternatives to junk food to put you on track towards a healthy lifestyle.

Nuts/Seeds 

The best thing about snacking on nuts and seeds is that there is no preparation time. Just buy a jar of mixed nuts from Costco or your nearest grocery store and you are good to go! Nuts are very healthy and good for you, and they serve as a very tasty and enjoyable snack! Make sure to portion out how much you eat though because too much is never good.

Apples and Peanut Butter

Apples and peanut butter is a match made in heaven. This is by far my favorite snack and even just one apple fills me right up! Peanut butter is a food that helps with hunger as it keeps you full for a while. 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter with a large apple is all you need. The only preparation necessary is cutting the apple into slices. It is a tasty, healthy and easy snack that will keep you satisfied for hours!

Berry Bowl 

Making a berry bowl is very simple! My favorite berries to add are raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Just wash your berries and mix them together. If you have some extra time, throw the berries in a blender and add some milk to make a berry smoothie! This is super healthy and tasty for a quick snack!

Carrots, Celery, Peppers, and Hummus

Veggies are great snacking items for when you get hungry throughout the day! Carrots, celery, peppers, and hummus make such a great combination. Veggies are full of nutrients and vitamins and are great for your health!

Smoothies/Milkshakes 

One of my favorite milkshakes to make is a strawberry banana milkshake. Berry smoothies are also very tasty and healthy! They don’t take long to make at all and keep you full for a very long time. There are so many recipes online to make fruit smoothies and milkshakes that are really good. If you find some extra time, you can even make a smoothie bowl as a full meal.

It’s very important to stay healthy during this scary time. Keep healthy by using these ideas as your snacks throughout the day. There are so many healthy snacks out there, these are just a few! Stay healthy and stay safe!

I am a freshman at Michigan State University with a major in Human Biology. I plan to go to Michigan State University's medical school through the Osteopathic Medical Scholars Program to pursue a career in OBGYN. I love to dance, sing and play tennis. In my free time, I like to watch Netflix and take long naps. I am a Friends enthusiast and am fluent in Friends quotes.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!