5 of my Favorite Easter Traditions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Whether you celebrate Easter or not, there are many wonderful ways to enjoy this spring holiday. Here’s a list of five of my favorite Easter traditions!

Dyeing Easter Eggs

There’s nothing like turning a dozen plain hard boiled eggs into colorful masterpieces. To spice things up even more, try dipping the egg in several colors or using a wax crayon to make fun designs.

Making a Lamb Butter

Want a great decoration for your table that’s almost too cute to eat? Sculpt some softened butter into a lamb shape and let it set in the fridge. Don’t forget to add some cloves or peppercorns for eyes!

Easter Brunch

It’s always great to spend time with family, especially on holidays. Some of my favorite Easter foods are hot-cross buns, ham, fruit salad, and deviled eggs. If you’re not a brunch person, have an Easter dinner with lamb or whatever your favorite main dish is!

Egg Hunts

You’re never too old to scramble around the yard looking for those colorful plastic eggs. Some of my favorite treats inside them are Starburst, jelly beans and Reese’s Pieces.

Going to Church

While not everyone celebrates the religious aspect of the holiday, I was raised in a Catholic home and have always loved the Easter service. It is so special to see the church decorated with lilies, while everyone in their spring clothes rejoices at the end of Lent. The music, energy, and warmth of spring make it one of the most magical times of the year.

We’re so lucky that Easter is in mid-April this year, so it will hopefully be a nice, warm spring day. I hope you have a wonderful celebration and enjoy some of these ideas!

Rachel is the Social Media Director at Her Campus MSU. She is a Senior at MSU's James Madison College studying Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy with a double minor in Business, and Science, Technology, Environment, and Public Policy. After graduation, she hopes to become a public interest lawyer or work in the government sector. She is an avid camper and enjoys spending her time in the great outdoors hiking and biking. She loves ice skating and has recently been trying to learn some new moves! Rachel also enjoys reading, cooking, crocheting, and trying as many bubble tea places as she can find.