Style

Five Different Kinds of Online Boutiques You Need for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

With an entrance into a new decade, we are witnessing the revival of past fashion trends and the creation of new ones. Especially for SS21, there are many interesting styles that can help to spice up your wardrobe whether you’re headed out for a night in the city, a day at the beach, or lounging around at home. However, searching for trends, namely more recent ones, can be a bit of a hassle. Below, there are several stores with unique finds that will help you curate your new summer wardrobe. 

If you’re looking for designer dupes…

… try Mussecco, LEAU clothing, or Isola clothing. All three boutiques have a similar selection that resembles clothing items featured on the SS21 and FW21 catalogues from designer houses including Jacquemus, With Jean, and Réalisation Par. 

If you’re looking for one-of-a-kind pieces…

… I highly recommend Depop. Created with the intent of being an online resale/thrift store, thousands of users have opened accounts to sell handmade products to other patrons. Depop is also a great place to find vintage items, including items from brands such as Von Dutch and Jean Paul Gaultier. 

If you’re looking for basic pieces…

… look no further than ASOS. The brand is very inclusive and caters to many sizes. Everything from jeans to swimsuits is featured in their line, and you can find clothing for every occasion, whether you’re working out or planning for a night out with your friends. 

If you’re looking for clothes to lounge around in…

… Los Angeles Apparel and The Mayfair Group have you covered. Both brands offer comfy sweat-shorts, hoodies, and other accessories that are perfect for wearing to the beach, dressing up, or for chilling out at home. 

If you need clothes for the poolside…

… then Frankie’s Bikinis is the place for you! Not only is there an array of bathing suits to choose from for summer, there are dresses, sets, and tons of accessories to select to go with your desired outfit.

In honor of the door to second semester closing, it’s time to fling open the doors of summer and treat yourself via retail therapy, you deserve it!

Hi there! I am currently a junior that is part of The University of Michigan's chapter of HerCampus. I am a BCN and English double major, with aspirations to become a physician. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with loved ones, catching up on a good book, or streaming a copious amount of shows and movies on Netflix.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.