FDSA CAT Footwear Competition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

On Thursday, March 13 inside the MSU Union Ballroom, the MSU Fashion Design Student Association hosted a fashion competition sponsored by CAT Footwear. A show that took months to put together finally was in full swing and with a lot to show! Swag bags, guest judges, and avante-garde couture pieces, the show had all the makings of a New York Fashion Week runway. 

The competition had over 15 FDSA members competing with garments they designed based on inspiration from a pair of CAT Footwear shoes. Each model had the chance to walk down the runway in the chosen shoe, and the winner of the competition won a free pair for CAT! 

The judges included: Loren Jordan, CEO of Michigan Fashion Week (Left); Emily Magyar, CAT Footwear Campus Ambassador (Middle), and Lindsey Lindemulder, CAT Footwear Marketing Specialist.

The winner for “Most Innovative” design was Mitch Fehrle.

The winner for “Best in Show” was Autumn Hauer.

Photos taken by Monica Fink, Apparel & Textile Design student at Michigan State. Photos can be found on the Fashion Design Student Association Facebook page.

Marissa Russo is a senior at Michigan State University studying  journalism with a concentration in apparel and textile design. Her love for writing coincides with her love for design, and after graduation she hopes to work at a publication that allows her to do both. Marissa is a co-campus correspondent for Her Campus MSU. Follow her on Instagram: marissrusso and Twitter: @marissrusso