This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Fall is the season of harvest, the season of leaves falling off trees, the season of pumpkin spice lattes and apple pies, and the season of cozy sweaters and scary movies. There are so many ways you can enjoy this season. Here are a few fall activities that you can’t miss out on!

Admire the fall leaves with a mini photoshoot with friends.

Who doesn’t love taking aesthetic, Instagram-worthy photos? Fall is such a beautiful season with trees changing red, orange, and yellow. Whether you take some pictures in your backyard or in the park, fall trees are the perfect background for some cute photos. 

Get into the kitchen and bake some fall desserts!

Each season has its unique flavors, and fall definitely has some of my favorite desserts. Don’t miss out on baking some apple pie or pumpkin pie with your family. If pie isn’t your go-to, try baking pumpkin bread or cinnamon sugar donuts. Either way, fall gives you the perfect excuse to whip up a delicious dessert for your friends and family (or just yourself!).

Have a fall movie marathon.

Snuggle into your cozy blanket with a pumpkin spice latte and enjoy your fall favorites, such as a romantic movie like When Harry Met Sally or a Halloween-related movie like Hocus Pocus. It’s a relaxing opportunity to chill with friends or family and chomp on some popcorn. 

Check out a local apple orchard or farm.

Most apple orchards are filled with other activities besides apple picking. Get lost in a corn maze or enjoy a hay ride. Bring home some pumpkins or other seasonal fruits and vegetables. Don’t miss out on the donuts and apple cider (my personal favorite). 

There are several activities you can do each fall. However you decide to celebrate the fall season, I hope you don’t miss out on the beauty of this wonderful season. Appreciate the nature around, and find joy during this season. Have a happy autumn!

Serena Chan is a freshman at Michigan State University with an interest in the business field. In her spare time, she enjoys drinking smoothies and tea, traveling, reading new books, and spending time with friends and family.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.