This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

One of my goals for 2021 is to try at least 5 new recipes. I like trying different vegan foods, so all of the recipes I’ve made so far this year are actually vegan! Most of these are pretty quick and easy, which is definitely something I look for when it comes to making new things. Here are  the 4 recipes I’ve made so far this year!

Chia Pudding

This chia pudding recipe is only 3 ingredients and it’s amazing! All you need is chia seeds, almond milk (or any milk of your preference), and agave (or honey if you’re not vegan). You just throw everything together and put it in the fridge overnight. This is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast, because it’s so easy and delicious! I like to use frozen fruit and a banana for the toppings!

Chocolate Avocado Brownie Bites

Now, I know these sound a little weird. Not everyone really wants to think of avocados as a dessert food. Just trust me on this one! You can’t even taste the avocado. I swear! These were surprisingly fudgy and they definitely exceeded my expectations. The recipe is pretty easy, and you’ll probably have most of the things right at home. If you have avocados that are on the brink of going bad, this is a great way to put them to use!

Vegan Cinnamon Rolls

THESE. ARE. AMAZING. You know how sometimes vegan food has that slight vegan taste (not necessarily bad, I’m just saying sometimes it’s there)? These cinnamon rolls do not have that. They are also a great way to trick your friends who might be haters of the vegan diet. The recipe is easy and making these is actually really fun! If you’re interested in making anything from this list, I’d highly suggest this recipe!

Granola Bars

I actually got this recipe from Halle Burn’s YouTube Channel. I had all of this stuff in my dorm room already, so these granola bars are perfect for anyone living at college! The recipe was quick and there was no cooking required; another plus was that there were very few dishes required. If you’re bored at college, you should definitely give this recipe a shot!

I love trying out new recipes because it’s a lot of fun and it can be really satisfying when you find something you like. If you ever have some free time on your hands and are wanting to do some cooking/baking, you should try some of these easy recipes. I had a lot of fun making them, and now I make vegan cinnamon rolls way too often!

Rayna is a junior in the School of Journalism. Her focus is in environment, science and health reporting, as well as health promotions. Rayna likes hiking, coffee, books, art, and plants.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.