Designer Look for Less $

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Now that Michigan is finally starting to show spring it’s time to start bundling up the black coats, thick knitted scarves, and functional clothing we all adapted to in hopes of making it through the winter months.

This Spring’s fashions shows had a lot to offer in the new fashion idea department, some common occurrences on the runway included floral prints, tea length skirts, pastels, and cropped structures jackets.

It may be easiest to wear the same Hunter Boots and leggings everyday, but why not take the chance and shake it up with one of the runways hottest looks.

Dennis Basso’s spring 2014 look was one that is perfect to recreate, but instead of spending hundreds of dollars – create the look for less:

To recreate the look, you’ll need a longer floral dress. Like in the photo one that incorporates nude and pastel colors is best and anything hitting below the knee.

This sleeveless chiffon dress is perfect for a budget, and perfect for the swaying look of the Basso dress. This dress, from sheinside.com, fits the look with pastel flowers over a beige background.

To pull the look together you’ll need a cropped jacket.

While this jacket isn’t a bright as the one in the photo it follows the color scheme of the dress. Nudes are still a highly popular color on the runway this spring and this cropped structured jacket fits perfectly into the trends.

Marissa Russo is a senior at Michigan State University studying  journalism with a concentration in apparel and textile design. Her love for writing coincides with her love for design, and after graduation she hopes to work at a publication that allows her to do both. Marissa is a co-campus correspondent for Her Campus MSU. Follow her on Instagram: marissrusso and Twitter: @marissrusso