Designer Deals and Steals!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It’s hard work being a fashionista in today’s trendy world and after flipping through this springs look books, it seems it’s going to be even harder to afford it.  With half of our semesters allowance going towards books and utility bills and another quarter towards non-fat carmel macchiatos, that doesn’t leave much left to afford that pair of Sergio Rossi heels.  So with a limited budget, how can us college girls to keep up with New York’s finest? 

Fashion Outlet sites such as HauteLook help make this dream a reality, an essential for any girls wardrobe.  It may seem too good to be true but some of these sites offer up to 75 percent off of high-end designer brands such as Alexander McQueen, Roberto Cavalli and Jimmy Choo.  The days of spending hours at Forever 21 trying to recreate your favorite runway looks are over, you can shop in the comfort of your own home and pull off the look you’ve always wanted without breaking the bank, no one needs to know you didn’t pay full price.  We’re sharing some of our favorite sites that will make your wardrobe and bank account smile.  Shop on collegiette’s!

[pagebreak]

1. Haute Look

Haute Look offers online shoppers the opportunity to buy their favorite name brands for a bargain.  The site is constantly opening new events bursting to the brim with awesome deals on clothing, shoes and accessories.  While some exclusive deals may only run for a few days, some events may run for over a week.   A number of designers including Nicole Miller, Calvin Klein, E.L.F. cosmetics, Lulu handbags and more are featured in these exclusive events offering 50-75 percent off on some of their pieces.  As if this isn’t enough good news, it’s free to register with Haute Look and you can receive $10 off your purchase for inviting your friends.  Let your fashion dreams turn into reality and let campus be your runway. 

[pagebreak]

1. Daily Candy Deals

Satisfy your inner fashionistas taste buds with the best deals on some of your favorite designers.  From Chicago to  Seattle, Daily Candy Deals partners with local businesses near you offering top notch deals on top notch pieces.  Daily Candy Deals isn’t just for the fashion savvy, the site offers a wide variety of unique items including kitchen ware, baby clothing, beauty products and travel.  A deal we’re loving right now offers Toute la Nuit loungewear for half off! Save $25 for $50 spent, $50 for $100 and so on.  With deals like this, who wants to leave the house?  Editors of Daily Candy Deals pick their favorite looks and offer sales on designer brands from 40-70 percent off.  There’s just no losing here.

[pagebreak]

1. THE OUTNET 

OUTNET offers to-die-for deals for all of you shoe junkies.  Although some styles may not be ideal for walking to your 8 a.m. who can pass up on a pair of Alexander Wang’s for 65% off?  From flats to pumps to boots, OUTNET has deals so good it literally feels like your stealing.  Featured designers include Calvin Klein and Zack Posen among other greats.  If you need help with more than just your kicks, OUTNET has put together suggestions for nearly every occasion with great deals on bags, dresses and accessories. 

Lauren is a fifth year senior at Michigan State University pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Journalism with a specialization in Editorial Reporting which she will graduate with in the summer of 2012. She previously graduated in May 2011 with a bachelor’s of arts degree in Apparel and Textile Design. Last summer she interned at 944 magazine which helped to strengthen her love for journalism. Lauren loves planning events such as the MSU Annual Undergraduate Fashion Exhibit last year where she had some of her designs and clothing featured. She loves sewing in her spare time and creating beautiful clothes for herself, friends and family. Lauren also enjoys entering her designs into fashion shows such as the Annual Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show last spring on campus where one of her dresses was a finalist for the judges choice award. She loves any kinds of sweets, cooking, crazy nail polish colors, Italian and Mexican food, shopping for shoes, MSU football games and watching The Devil Wears Prada over and over. Lauren is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and is very eager to begin the Her Campus branch at Michigan State!