This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Dear younger self,

It is me, you, one year into the future from when I wish you could read this. I know your life is extremely difficult and busy right now — you are wrapping up the first semester of your senior year of high school, approaching finals week, and scrambling to make sense of what you want to do for college next year. I remember that at this point in your life nothing makes sense, but here are some things I wish I could have told you.

If you think life is crazy now, it’s about to get a whole lot crazier. Just wait for a couple of months, when college interviews actually start, when you go on your spring break trip, when you graduate when you go to prom and your graduation party. Life was so crazy for those last couple of months of high school, but you need to remember to enjoy every moment of it. These are some of the last moments you are going to spend with your high school friends. Of course, you will see them later, but it will never be the same. Cherish these moments, and don’t let them go to waste.

Don’t stress about your college decisions. I know, senior year is all about college decisions. It is hard not to feel nervous and scared, as this decision will affect you for the rest of your life. However, it is important to remember that every single person is on their own journey, and whether you are destined to go to a certain college or not, you will make it. Repeat after me: you WILL make it. Don’t compare yourself to others, as everyone’s path to success is different, but remember that in the end, everyone will reach success. Some do faster than others, but everyone makes it. Be patient, as you will make it too.

You will grow. This is a time in your life where everything is going to change; your life is going to flip upside down and inside out. Allow yourself time to transition into this brand new phase of your life. You will soon be a high school graduate with an actual diploma— the first big achievement of your life. You will change this year, so let yourself change

You need to learn how to let go. While there are many new things that are going to come into your life with this new year, you are going to lose many things as well. You will lose touch with high school friends, your house, your normal life. Remember that it is okay and a part of life. Keep important things close, and learn how to prioritize. Let things pass. Time will show you that nothing is permanent, and everything has an end. Let things take their course.

I know I can never actually show you this letter, but I hope these words will come in handy for anyone going through senior year who find that they are struggling. Remember, no matter how dark the night gets, the sun still rises every day. Yours will rise too.

My name is Esha Garg! I am a freshman at MSU studying nutritional sciences and am on a pre-medical field. In my free time, I love writing, doing yoga, and playing tennis.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!