This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Dear Freshmen,

Welcome Back!

It is hard to imagine that it has been almost two years since COVID-19 has entered our lives. We have worked together in unison to combat the struggles and hardships of a global pandemic, but now we can look forward to the future: headed back home to East Lansing!

Before Michigan State went virtual and Zoom became the customary form of education, I was blessed with a semester and a half of a normal college education. From attending large lecture rooms with the aisle full of my smart and educated peers. The bustling sidewalks on-campus; seeing the students walk to and from the Red Cedar River. Awaiting the countdown till game day and hearing the joyous sound of the MSU Fight Song being bellowed through the stadium by a sea of green and white alumni, students, and Spartan fans.  Lastly, the dreaded week of midterms and the long-awaited Midnight Scream during the week of final exams.

It has been hard to be away for so long from a place that has, in such a short period of time, brought me so much joy. Looking towards the future, I hope as the new incoming class you will learn to appreciate and be proud of the community you have been accepted into. Your professors will be steer but fair and will be more than welcome to help you during their office hours where you can ask as many questions as you like. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid or dumb question. Your advisor will guide you through a new saga in your life. So make sure you book that much-needed appointment with them to discuss your plans and arrange your academic calendar. Your peers and fellow students will be your friends and your allies. Together you will lean on each other for guidance and look to one other for much-needed help in your respected areas of study. The late-night study sessions at the library and anxiety over midterms and final exams will be less dreadful knowing your peers and fellow students will share your struggles and hardships. As you will work together to earn that expensive and sought-after bachelor’s degree, knowing that at the end of the day, all that hard work and those late nights will be worth it once you gracefully walk across that gallant stage in cap and gown.

Your undergrad years will be a learning experience. Make the most of your journey and enjoy every second that is spent in East Lansing.
Say YES to something you never tried before.
Join a club.
Go to a party or a darty.
Make lots of friends and be sure to share your experiences with them.

Your years at Michigan State will be the most memorable, with countless memories being made every second you remain on-campus.

So enjoy life and live it to the fullest!

Sincerely,

Nicolette Wise

MSU Class of 2023

Nicolette is studying Physiology with a minor in Health Promotion at Michigan State University. Planning to go to dental school, with her dream job to provide dental care to professional athletics and travel the world to provide assistance to those who don't have proper dental care. In addition, Nicolette is also a member of MSU Pre-Dental Club, MSU Chaarg, and MSU Relay. Nicolette's favorite pastime(s) is going to sporting events with her friends, photography and working out at her part-time job: IM West.