yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Cute and Modest Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

“In Girl World, Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it.”

As Cady Heron so sensibly puts it, Halloween has evolved into a night for girls to throw all self-respect out the window and parade around from party to party in way too revealing costumes. Being sexy isn’t a bad thing but some girls are known to take it to all new extremes on Halloween. That final night of October is fast approaching and many of you will put off the costume hunt until the last minute where it becomes easy to opt for the new norm of being a fish-net, booty short wearing animal of some sort or the sexy cop. But if trashy is not your style, here are some creative and clever costumes you can make yourself if you’ve got the time along with some helpful websites that offer costumes that won’t make your parents cringe!

Rock, paper, scissors!

Rosie the Riveter

Wonder Woman

Black/White Swan

Sesame Street Characters!

Alena Davis is a senior journalism major at MSU and co-campus correspondent for HCMSU. She hopes to pursue a career in magazines based in New York or Chicago. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, Instagramming and excursioning with friends. Follow her on Twitter: @alenaadavis & Instagram: @alenadavis