Christopher Reyes ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Christopher Reyes

Year: Sophomore

Major: Anthropology

Hometown: Clifton, New Jersey

5 Fun Facts About Chris!

1. He was actually going to come to MSU for theater.

2. He played multiple instruments in middle school (oboe, trumpet, french horn, percussion, piano and he was a singer)

3. He wrote a poem when he was little, and it was published in a book.

4. He drinks at least one cup of coffee every day.

5. He got spit in the face by a llama and then chased.

Why did you choose to attend Michigan State University? Michigan State has the best program, compared to the other universities I had applied to, for what I want to go into.

Do you participate in any extracurricular activities? If so, what are they? Yes, I participate in several extracurriculars. I was a part of Design for America, I am currently a member of the Paranormal Society, I used to DJ and a journalist for the Impact, and I also have a fellowship with the Michigan Democratic Coordinated Campaign.

How does the Michigan Democratic Coordinated Campaign affect your everyday life? It is stressful – it is a lot of time in my day, in my week. I am constantly worrying about polls and if we have enough volunteers for the weekend.

What do you do there? I work in a campaign office with other Democrats – we canvas, we phone bank and we gather volunteers to help us out. We are constantly working to get Democrats elected across the ballot, not just Hillary Clinton, but we also have to turn the Senate.

How would you say Clifton, New Jersey has affected your decision to be a Democrat? I live twenty minutes from New York City which is very liberal, and I think that flows into my city. My city is also very diverse – there are many different ethnicities. I also grew up in a mostly liberal family, which has influence on my political views.

Where do you see yourself five years from now? I see myself going to graduate school for forensic anthropology and possibly looking into law school. For forensic anthropology, I want to focus a lot on child abuse cases, and I want to go to law school so I can work on those cases and get those children the justice they deserve.

Would you ever want to go into politics yourself? Yes, I can see myself going into politics. I feel like I have the personality for it. I could run for president for something, definitely something on campus.

What club or organization would you like to be president of? I will be running for President of Paranormal Society. There is a lot of leadership experience that I gain from running a campaign office. I think I could successfully be president of the Paranormal Society.

I watch an excessive amount of Netflix and I enjoy a good nap.
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian