Big Tease Mascara Open Wand
Kaytlyn Gannon
Beauty

BUXOM Big Tease Mascara: Review

With the surprise of our spring survival kits came the surprise of the BUXOM Big Tease Mascara. Since becoming a college student I hardly ever wear a full face of makeup “just because,” and although I love eye makeup, that hardly ever happens either. Mascara, on the other hand, is always a go-to and one of my personal favorites.

I tried out the Big Tease Mascara a few times and wore it for a few days before writing this and here are my thoughts…

It definitely isn’t one of my favorite mascaras, but I would rate it around 3 stars (out of 5) and overall give it a measly thumbs up. I found it lengthening but not so much volumizing — which is essential for a bold eye look.

Firstly, I love the color; although it isn’t hard to achieve the perfect black in a mascara, this alone is worthy of some acknowledgement. Personally, I also see that it does a decent job of applying a decent amount on my lower lashes due to the shape of the brush.

I didn’t have any issues with clumping and it did smudge although it was only slightly. Also, it didn’t hold a shape throughout the day (unless paired with another mascara) and so, ultimately, it just wasn’t enough.

Even after a few coats it still doesn’t compare to other high-end products within the same price range. I personally don’t wear falsies so I can’t speak to what it’s like on them, but paired with another mascara definitely helps and brings out its full potential. Even then, this isn’t my first choice.

For me, I can’t get the kind of look that I want without pairing it with other mascaras and so, for its price range, I personally wouldn’t buy this product.

Big Tease Mascara Coats Picture Collage
Kaytlyn Gannon

Kaytlyn is a junior at MSU majoring in business and minoring in Korean and Creative Writing. She was involved in journalism throughout high school. She is also involved in the wrestling club at MSU. Kaytlyn was previously the events director for her chapter of HC and currently serving as a campus correspondent.