The Breslin goes Country

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Hunter Hayes and Carrie Underwood took East Lansing by storm Saturday night.

Country cutie Hunter Hayes opened his set with his new single, “I Want Crazy,” which was accompanied by a plethora of female screams. Hayes continued his set with popular songs such as, “Wanted,” “Somebody’s Heartbreak,” and finished off with “Storm Warning.”

Underwood took the stage at the Breslin Center next. Opening with her hit song, “Good Girl,” Underwood  worked the stage in an elegant high-low dress. Throughout the night, Underwood had four outfit changes and sang around 20 songs.

The country superstar added some excitement when part of the stage broke up and rose above the audience, moving from one end of the Breslin.

Nick Kurtenbach, a junior at Michigan State University, said he really enjoyed the entire performance. “I thought the show was really good. Carrie Underwood kills it.”

Underwood ended the performance with a confetti-filled encore of “Blown Away.”

*Photo courtesy of btn.com

Alena Davis is a senior journalism major at MSU and co-campus correspondent for HCMSU. She hopes to pursue a career in magazines based in New York or Chicago. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, Instagramming and excursioning with friends. Follow her on Twitter: @alenaadavis & Instagram: @alenadavis