Skincare on white background with cacti.
Original photo by Meghana Jalagam
Beauty

The Best Drugstore Products to use for your Acne – a PSA

Skin care is a difficult journey to navigate – either it’s too expensive or it doesn’t work. Trust me, for someone who has been dealing with the marks and the stares for a long time, it can be hard to find a product that can make those go away. After trying on product after product and spending dollar after dollar, it seemed near impossible to find something that kept my skin clear. But alas, after my fair share of trials and tribulations, the light at the end of the bumpy tunnel seemed to have appeared. Through the recommendation of one of my friends, I stumbled upon cheap, drugstore products that saved my skin and have done a fantastic job of keeping my acne at bay: the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Clarifying Facial System. Use this affordable system everyday before you sleep to see the amazing results!

The African Black Soap w/ Shea Butter for Acne Prone and Troubled Skin
Picture of skin care in a white background with cacti.
Original photo by Meghana Jalagam

This soap is great for everyday use! It gently cleans your face of oil and prevents future acne for popping up!

The African Black Soap Clarifying Facial Wash & Scrub w/ Tamarind Extract & Tea Tree Oil for Blemish-Prone Skin
Original photo by Meghana Jalagam

I use this great exfoliating face wash every two to three days, and it provides the perfect amount of deep-cleansing wash needed to refresh and smoothen my face. The days you use this, you don’t need to use the soap.

The African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer w/ Tamarind Extract & Tea Tree Oil for Blemish-Prone Skin
Original photo by Meghana Jalagam

This is a great moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated while sleeping.

The African Black Soap Clarifying Mud Mask w/ Tamarind Extract & Tea Tree Oil for Blemish-Prone Skin
Original photo by Meghana Jalagam

A great mask to help the blemishes and have fun during self-care days! I keep it on for 10-20 minutes, and it easily washes off after. It leaves my face smooth, and I notice my acne always looks smaller and more calm the next day. I would recommend using this product once a week.

You can buy this entire collection at Target for $20 total! Just look for the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Clarifying Facial System box in the face wash section.

Hi! My name is Meghana Jalagam, and I am a sophomore at MSU. I am double majoring in neuroscience and psychology, and I am on the pre-med track. My passions outside of school are dancing, reading, writing, trying new foods, and being social!