sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Spring semester has started, and as usual, students forget what it’s like to be in school after a month-long break. Here are some tips and tricks to get you back into the school spirit and ace your classes!

Go to class

While it is just syllabus week, it’s good to go to class the first week to see what assignments there are, learn the attendance policy, and see where the class is (teachers are always more lenient in the first week). Not going to class will put you in a pattern of not going at all, so start the semester strong!

Don’t drive the first week of class

With students actually going to class, campus is a zoo. It is easier to walk because there is no possibility of hitting anything/anyone, and you won’t be late to class while trying to find a parking spot.

Keep a planner with you and actually use it

Being organized will help with assignments, events, and club meetings and will help you stay on top of everything which will lead to better grades. With all the activities, parties, homework, and exams, there is no way you can remember it all, so write it down and check it often!

Get Sleep

It’s easy to get caught up in all the activities that your school has going on, going out with friends, and completing all the assignments you procrastinated. Pulling all-nighters is not healthy if you do it repeatedly. Making sure you are still getting sleep is good for you and your grades. 

After all the enjoyment of Welcome Weekend, it’s important to remember these important facts to make this a great semester. Get yourself a planner, go to class, get your textbooks, and get some sleep! Preparing to go back to college can be stressful, but these four tricks can help you transition back from a much-needed break with ease.

Senior studying Psychology with a Public Relations minor
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!