Life > Experiences

A Senior in College’s Christmas List

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As the Christmas season approaches, I find myself thinking about how my list of gifts has changed throughout the years. When I was younger, I would ask for toys. Through high school, I asked for the latest technology or new clothes. Now that I am graduating this year, I have discovered that my list has changed drastically. Here are my top three asks for Christmas this year.

1. Professional Clothing

Since I am going into education and will be starting my student teaching soon, I realized that my wardrobe needs a total revamp. It seems that everything I own is only loungewear, like sweatpants, or tiny “going out” tops with ripped jeans. Since I am starting my professional career, I need more professional clothes. This can range from dress pants to nice blouses that can be worn at the workplace. I feel like this is a good gift for graduating college students, since many of us have had little experiences that we needed professional clothes for. 

1. A Nice Water Bottle

Like most college students, I don’t drink as much water as I probably should. A sustainable, insulated water bottle is a must for a busy college student. My go-to brand is Stanley because of how great the insulation is. It can keep drinks hot or cold for hours on end. I also realized that when I am student teaching, I will be using my voice, so I will need to make sure my vocal cords and throat stay hydrated along with the rest of my body. This gift never fails!

1. Gift Cards

Gift cards are a great gift idea for the family members that have no idea what to get me for Christmas. I have such a busy schedule with classes and work that I always want to run out after class and grab a quick bite to eat. Restaurant gift cards are a safe choice, and are always appreciated. The other two types of gift cards I asked for were gas and grocery stores. On a college budget, it’s hard to allocate all that I need to pay for. These gift card options make life a little less stressful for me, and they will go to perfect use.

It’s crazy to look back and see how different my Christmas lists have gotten over the years as they pertain to my needs at the time. Let my list be a guide for you if you are also looking for gifts to get a graduating senior!

Meghan Hingst is a junior at MSU studying Elementary Education with a minor in Korean. She loves skincare, makeup, hair care, and following the latest trends!