Style

A Review of Flowerbomb Tiger Lily by Viktor&Rolf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Disclaimer: MSU’s chapter of Her Campus was gifted samples of the Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Tiger Lily fragrance to share with members, this review reflects the writer’s personal opinion.

I’m still new to the world of perfumes. My criteria for evaluating them in the past was simple: do they smell good? 

While that is still my main condition for purchasing new fragrances, I’ve smelled enough now to know exactly what I want them to smell like. Maybe something nice and flowery for a warm day, or maybe something with hints of chocolate and coffee on slightly colder days. My favorites are ones that have subtle scents, but leave a lasting impression. 

Her Campus at MSU was recently gifted with samples of the Flowerbomb Tiger Lily by Viktor&Rolf, and I was quite excited to try out the fragrance. 

The scent itself is sweet and flowery. Not the kind of sweet that makes you feel like you’re inside a candy store, but more like the sweetness one remembers from smelling flowers at a tropical resort. The perfume features subtle hints of coconut and mango that add to its tropical touch. Unlike typical fruity scents that lean toward candy-like sweetness, these notes are delicately balanced, evoking the sensation of indulging in a meticulously crafted dessert. The fragrance unfolds with complexity and depth, reminiscent of savoring layers of flavors in a high-quality mousse or pastry. 

It offers a subtle and enjoyable experience without overwhelming the senses. It is sure to turn heads, albeit in a very refined and understated way. 

It has impressive longevity, lingering on my skin for several hours after I had applied it, although I would recommend spritzing some on your clothes to ensure that it stays on for longer. It is worth noting that a heavier application may be required to ensure that it lasts throughout the day. Despite this, once applied, it stays, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of perfumes I have tried before. I could still smell it in my apartment when I returned at night. 

One of the things I like best about this scent is its versatility. I can wear it to class, I can wear it to a party, and I can wear it to a casual hangout with friends. A perfume that adapts well to different situations should always be a staple in your collection. 

This scent was something that was definitely new to me, but it left behind a pleasant sort of sensation. It felt refreshing. 

Flowerbomb Tiger Lily is a memorable scent, and one that I can definitely see myself buying more of in the future.

Sanskriti is an undergraduate astrophysics major who loves to read and is very passionate about making and eating dumplings. She is the current Vice President of the Astronomy Club at Michigan State University, and can often be found hunting for new horror podcasts to listen to.